Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, chinese hot & sour soup. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chinese Hot & Sour Soup is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Chinese Hot & Sour Soup is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook chinese hot & sour soup using 31 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Chinese Hot & Sour Soup:
- Take Mushrooms:
- Prepare 100 g Shiitake Mushrooms Finely Diced,
- Prepare 1 TSP ShaoWing / Hua Tiao / Sherry Wine,
- Prepare 1 TSP Soy Sauce Preferably Kikkoman,
- Get Pinch Granulated Sugar,
- Prepare 1/2 TSP Water,
- Prepare 1 TSP Cornstarch,
- Get 1 TSP Sesame Oil,
- Take Base:
- Make ready 1 Handful Fresh Coriander Finely Chopped,
- Make ready 1 TSP Lao Gan Ma Spicy Chili Crisp,
- Prepare 2 TSP Black Vinegar,
- Make ready 1 TSP Sesame Oil,
- Prepare 1 TSP Apple Cider Vinegar,
- Make ready Soup:
- Make ready Pinch White Pepper,
- Get 2 TBSP Canola / Peanut / Vegetable Oil,
- Prepare 2 Chinese Dried Mushrooms Soaked Finely Sliced,
- Prepare 1 Handful Bamboo Shoots Fresh / Pickled,
- Prepare 1 Handful Chinese Black Fungus Soaked Finely Sliced,
- Make ready 600 ml Boiling Water,
- Prepare 1/2 Inch Ginger Finely Diced,
- Take 3/4 TSP Sea Salt,
- Prepare Slurry, 7 TSP Cornstarch + 25ml Water
- Get 1 Egg Lightly Beaten,
- Make ready 150 g Pressed Tofu Sliced Into Strips,
- Get 1/3 TSP Dark Soy Sauce,
- Prepare 1 TSP Light Soy Sauce,
- Get 3 TSP Chili Bean Sauce Preferably Lee Kum Kee,
- Get 1/2 TSP Granulated Sugar,
- Take Fresh Coriander, For Garnishing
Steps to make Chinese Hot & Sour Soup:
- Prepare the mushrooms. - - In a bowl, add in mushrooms, shaoxing, soy, sugar, water, cornstarch and sesame oil. - - Mix until well combined. - - Cover with cling film and set aside in the fridge for at least 30 mins.
- Prepare the base. - - In a large serving bowl, add coriander, black vinegar, apple cider vinegar, pepper, chili crisp and sesame oil. - - Mix until combine well. - - Set aside.
- Prepare the soup. - - In a sauce pot over medium heat, add oil. - - Once oil is heated up, add in ginger and the mushrooms mixture.
- Saute until aromatic and until the mushrooms are slightly caramelized. - - Add in Chinese mushrooms, bamboo and fungus. - - Saute until well combine and aromatic.
- Add in the boiling water. - - Adding boiling water will shorten the cooking time, hence containing the fragrance and flavors even more. - - Stir to combine well. - - Add in dark, light soy, chili bean sauce, sugar and salt.
- Stir to combine well. - - Bring it up to a simmer. - - Turn the heat down to low. - - Add in slurry and stir to combine well.
- Continue simmer for about 2 to 3 mins. - - Add in beaten egg. - - Stir for 20 secs. - - Turn the heat up to medium.
- Add in tofu. - - Stir to combine well and simmer for another 1 to 2 mins. - - The soup should thicken. - - Taste and adjust for seasoning with salt.
- Give it a final stir. - - Remove from heat and transfer into the serving bowl with the coriander mixture. - - Stir to combine well. - - Taste and adjust for seasonings with vinegar or pepper. - - Serve immediately with a garnish of coriander.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food chinese hot & sour soup recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!