Hey everyone, it is John, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, honey crisp apple puff tart. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Honey Crisp Apple Puff Tart is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. Honey Crisp Apple Puff Tart is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook honey crisp apple puff tart using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Honey Crisp Apple Puff Tart:
- Get 1 packages puff pastry (2 sheets thawed)
- Get 2 1/2 lb honey crisp apples, peeled and sliced into thin half moons (this amount may vary i always make extra and the apples were tiny)
- Make ready 5 tbsp butter, unsalted
- Take 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Take 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- Make ready pinch sea salt
- Prepare lemon juice
- Get 3 tbsp egg wash (approx one large egg with tbsp cold water whisked)
- Make ready raw sugar for sprinkling
- Get flour (flour the bottom of your baking sheet so your puff pastry wont stick! )
Steps to make Honey Crisp Apple Puff Tart:
- Thaw your puff pastry dough according to directions. Usually about 30 mins to an hour.
- Squeeze a little fresh lemon over your apple slices while you cut them and wait for butter to heat.
- Heat butter in a saucepan.
- Add apple slices and simmer until browned and soft.
- Once apples are softened and delish add cinnamon and sugar with just a sprinkle of salt (more if you like a stronger salted caramel taste ;) )
- Seal any rips in your puff pasyry dough then cut each piece in half so you're left with 4 rectangles.
- Flour the baking sheets (lightly dust). Line your cooled cooked apples in the middle of only 2 peices. Line the edges with egg wash. (Making a frame around your apple mixture lineup)
- Cover each slice with its match. Seal the edges around the pouches using a fork to press them closed.
- Brush both pockets with egg wash and slice a few small slits to let out steam.
- **Sprinkle with raw brown sugar to give your crust a sugar crunch.
- Bake for 10-15 mins depending how toasted you like your puffs.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream :)
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food honey crisp apple puff tart recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!