Hello everybody, it’s Louise, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, dakgangjeong (sweet crispy chicken). One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Dakgangjeong (Sweet Crispy Chicken) is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. Dakgangjeong (Sweet Crispy Chicken) is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have dakgangjeong (sweet crispy chicken) using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Dakgangjeong (Sweet Crispy Chicken):
- Take boneless chicken meat
- Get milk
- Make ready salt
- Get white pepper powder
- Get minced garlic
- Make ready minced ginger
- Prepare potato starch or cornstarch
- Take vegetable oil for frying
- Make ready For the sauce:
- Take soy sauce
- Take mirin
- Take rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- Make ready Gochujang (Korean red chili pepper)
- Take honey
- Take sesame oil
- Take brown sugar
- Take minced garlic
- Get minced ginger
- Take white pepper powder
- Take toasted sesame
Steps to make Dakgangjeong (Sweet Crispy Chicken):
- In a bowl, soak chicken in milk. Cover it with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Drain thoroughly.
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces. Season with salt, white pepper powder, garlic, and ginger. Let it stand for 20-30 minutes.
- In a pan, mix together all the sauce ingredients. Bring it boil. When it starts to bubble, reduce the heat to medium low and simmer until it thickens slightly, for about 3-4 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Coat the chicken evenly with potato starch or cornstarch. Shake the excess flour off. - Heat the vegetable oil until it starts smoking (more or less 350 F). Divide the chicken in 2 batches. Drop the chicken pieces in one at a time. Fry until light golden brown for 1-2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Set them on a wire rack or a paper-towel lined plate. Do the same thing with the 2nd batch.
- Reheat the vegetable oil (350 F). Deep fry the chicken pieces for the 2nd time for 30-40 seconds. You can do this in 1 batch.
- Heat the sauce over medium low heat. Add the chicken and stir well until they’re evenly coated. Garnish with toasted sesame.
- Enjoy! 😊
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food dakgangjeong (sweet crispy chicken) recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!