Hello everybody, it’s John, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, mom's apple crisp. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Slice apples into thin slices and put into lightly greased casserole dish. Honeycrisp and Golden Delicious apples hold their shape well and won't get too mushy after baking. Join Amy and her mom for a simple and delicious Apple Crisp.
Mom's Apple Crisp is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. Mom's Apple Crisp is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook mom's apple crisp using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Mom's Apple Crisp:
- Prepare 5 small apples
- Get 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Prepare 2 tbsp white sugar
- Take 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- Prepare 1/2 cup softened butter or margarine
- Prepare 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Get 1/2 cup quick, rolled oats
My Mom passed away several years ago, but I know she is looking down and loving that I am sharing one of her favorite recipes with you all. A simple dessert that's great served with ice cream. 🙂. Mix sugar lemon juice and water with apples and put into baking dish. This video shows you how to make crisp, sweet, fluffy apple fritters.
Instructions to make Mom's Apple Crisp:
- Peel and core apples. Cut apples into 1/4 inch slices
- Toss apple slices in lemon juice and spread evenly in bottom of a greased 9 inch pie plate.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium mixing bowl add flour, brown sugar, rolled oats and cut butter/ margarine in with pastry cutter until topping resembles a course crumb mixture
- Sprinkle apples with white sugar and cinnamon
- Spread topping mixture evenly over apples and bake for 35- 45 min. or until topping is golden brown .
- Let cool for 15 min and serve with ice cream or table cream.
The batter is easy to prepare. Great for Christmas morning, a brunch or for dessert. The Typical Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising. A family recipe for apple crisp that has been baked during the holidays for many years. Served best with a scoop of ice cream!
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food mom's apple crisp recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!