Hey everyone, it’s me, Dave, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, cranberry apple relish. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
This tangy cranberry-apple relish is a perfect make-ahead holiday side; you can store it in the refrigerator for up to three days before serving. This relish has a great flavor especially with the addition of celery! Chopped pecans or walnuts can be added if desired. (Home on the range or hotplate) This recipe is much less complicated than putting up a tent.
Cranberry apple relish is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. Cranberry apple relish is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have cranberry apple relish using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Cranberry apple relish:
- Make ready 1 cup water
- Prepare 2/3 cup brown sugar
- Take 1/2 cup Cider vinegar
- Prepare 1/3 cup Honey
- Prepare 1 tbsp Grated orange rind
- Take 1 medium Orange, peeled and chopped (1/2 c)
- Take 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- Prepare 1/2 tsp Ground ginger
- Prepare 1/4 tsp Ground cloves
- Take 2 small Tart, crisp apples - Peeled, cored and cut into 1-inch cubes (1 2/3 c)
- Prepare 1 packages Cranberries (12oz)
- Get 1/2 cup Raisins
- Make ready 1/2 cup Chopped pecans or walnuts
Make this recipe for a change of pace from jellied sauces at Thanksgiving or Christmas. I whipped up this cranberry-apple relish as a quick alternative to the holiday mainstay by pulsing fresh cranberries, apple, sugar, and orange juice and zest together in a food processor. We only recommend products and services we wholeheartedly endorse. This post may contain special links through which we earn a small.
Instructions to make Cranberry apple relish:
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, sugar, vinegar, honey, orange rind, orange, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves to a boil, stirring, over high heat.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the apples, return the liquid to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes more
- Add the cranberries and cook at a low boil over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, another 10 to 15 minutes or until thick.
- Stir in the raisins and nuts; transfer to a medium sized bowl to cool.
- Cover and chill.
Sautéed garlic and onion, plus a little bit of salt, add a savory note to this sweet-tart relish, which gets its body from the natural pectin in the poached, puréed cranberries. Holiday and Thanksgiving Cranberry Relish recipe. Fresh cranberries ground up with apples and orange. One of my favorite things to make for Thanksgiving and the holidays is raw cranberry relish. Back to Fresh Cranberry and Apple Relish.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food cranberry apple relish recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!