Hello everybody, it’s Brad, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, sig's beetroot, apple, lentil and herring salad. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Sig's Beetroot, Apple, Lentil and Herring Salad is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They are fine and they look fantastic. Sig's Beetroot, Apple, Lentil and Herring Salad is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have sig's beetroot, apple, lentil and herring salad using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Sig's Beetroot, Apple, Lentil and Herring Salad:
- Get 2 salted herring filet ( or other salt cured fish)
- Get 1 cup cold milk
- Make ready 2 small raw uncooked beetroot
- Get 1/2 red onion
- Take 1 large crisp apple of preferences
- Get 1/2 a lemon, juice only
- Take 2 tsp sugar
- Make ready 3 small handful of tinned washed and drained puy lentils
- Get 1 tsp dried wild garlic
- Prepare 1 pinch each salt and pepper
- Take 2 tbsp creme fraiche
Instructions to make Sig's Beetroot, Apple, Lentil and Herring Salad:
- First put your two filets of fish into the milk to get rid of some of the saltiness for about half hour .
- Peel, thinly sliced and cut your beetroot into thin sticks , do not boil . Squeeze the lemon juice oved the beetroot and stir in the sugar, add the chopped or thinly sliced onion, set aside whilst fish is being dealt ed , when nearly done peel ,decor and cube the apple. Add the beetroot with juices , apples , onions and lentils into a serving bowl and mix together. Drain fish and cut into mouth sized pieces add to the salad. Sprinkle with the wild garlic and season with salt and pepper. Add two tablespoons of creme fraiche. Mix gently together.
- I serve this on a bed of washed and dried baby spinach or wild rocket.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food sig's beetroot, apple, lentil and herring salad recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!