Hey everyone, it’s Louise, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, chinese hot & sour soup. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chinese Hot & Sour Soup is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Chinese Hot & Sour Soup is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have chinese hot & sour soup using 31 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Chinese Hot & Sour Soup:
- Make ready Mushrooms:
- Take 100 g Shiitake Mushrooms Finely Diced,
- Get 1 TSP ShaoWing / Hua Tiao / Sherry Wine,
- Make ready 1 TSP Soy Sauce Preferably Kikkoman,
- Prepare Pinch Granulated Sugar,
- Prepare 1/2 TSP Water,
- Take 1 TSP Cornstarch,
- Prepare 1 TSP Sesame Oil,
- Prepare Base:
- Get 1 Handful Fresh Coriander Finely Chopped,
- Make ready 1 TSP Lao Gan Ma Spicy Chili Crisp,
- Take 2 TSP Black Vinegar,
- Prepare 1 TSP Sesame Oil,
- Make ready 1 TSP Apple Cider Vinegar,
- Get Soup:
- Get Pinch White Pepper,
- Prepare 2 TBSP Canola / Peanut / Vegetable Oil,
- Make ready 2 Chinese Dried Mushrooms Soaked Finely Sliced,
- Get 1 Handful Bamboo Shoots Fresh / Pickled,
- Make ready 1 Handful Chinese Black Fungus Soaked Finely Sliced,
- Take 600 ml Boiling Water,
- Make ready 1/2 Inch Ginger Finely Diced,
- Prepare 3/4 TSP Sea Salt,
- Take Slurry, 7 TSP Cornstarch + 25ml Water
- Prepare 1 Egg Lightly Beaten,
- Take 150 g Pressed Tofu Sliced Into Strips,
- Prepare 1/3 TSP Dark Soy Sauce,
- Get 1 TSP Light Soy Sauce,
- Make ready 3 TSP Chili Bean Sauce Preferably Lee Kum Kee,
- Prepare 1/2 TSP Granulated Sugar,
- Prepare Fresh Coriander, For Garnishing
Instructions to make Chinese Hot & Sour Soup:
- Prepare the mushrooms. - - In a bowl, add in mushrooms, shaoxing, soy, sugar, water, cornstarch and sesame oil. - - Mix until well combined. - - Cover with cling film and set aside in the fridge for at least 30 mins.
- Prepare the base. - - In a large serving bowl, add coriander, black vinegar, apple cider vinegar, pepper, chili crisp and sesame oil. - - Mix until combine well. - - Set aside.
- Prepare the soup. - - In a sauce pot over medium heat, add oil. - - Once oil is heated up, add in ginger and the mushrooms mixture.
- Saute until aromatic and until the mushrooms are slightly caramelized. - - Add in Chinese mushrooms, bamboo and fungus. - - Saute until well combine and aromatic.
- Add in the boiling water. - - Adding boiling water will shorten the cooking time, hence containing the fragrance and flavors even more. - - Stir to combine well. - - Add in dark, light soy, chili bean sauce, sugar and salt.
- Stir to combine well. - - Bring it up to a simmer. - - Turn the heat down to low. - - Add in slurry and stir to combine well.
- Continue simmer for about 2 to 3 mins. - - Add in beaten egg. - - Stir for 20 secs. - - Turn the heat up to medium.
- Add in tofu. - - Stir to combine well and simmer for another 1 to 2 mins. - - The soup should thicken. - - Taste and adjust for seasoning with salt.
- Give it a final stir. - - Remove from heat and transfer into the serving bowl with the coriander mixture. - - Stir to combine well. - - Taste and adjust for seasonings with vinegar or pepper. - - Serve immediately with a garnish of coriander.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food chinese hot & sour soup recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!