Hello everybody, it’s Drew, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, crisp refrigerator cucumber slices. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Crisp Refrigerator Cucumber Slices is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They are fine and they look fantastic. Crisp Refrigerator Cucumber Slices is something that I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have crisp refrigerator cucumber slices using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Crisp Refrigerator Cucumber Slices:
- Get 6 large cucumbers
- Make ready 3 medium onions
- Prepare 3 cup sugar
- Make ready 3 cup apple cider vinegar
- Prepare 4 tsp canning salt
- Take 1 1/2 tsp mustard seed
- Get 3/4 tsp alum
Instructions to make Crisp Refrigerator Cucumber Slices:
- In a LARGE bowl combine sugar, vinegar, salt, mustard seed, and alum. Stir until the sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
- Wash cucumbers thoroughly. I use baking soda in my water because that is the main ingredient in the commercial vegetable washes.
- I like to score mine by running.the tines of a fork down each side. Makes them look a little more decorative. Then cut into 1/4" slices.
- Cut onions into 1/8 to 1/4" slices. Combine cucumbers and onions in vinegar mixture. Let set for 15 to 20 minutes so the mixture shrinks a little as the cucumbers and onions release some of their juices.
- Put into containers and store in refrigerator for up to two weeks.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food crisp refrigerator cucumber slices recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!