Hello everybody, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, chinese hot & sour soup. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Chinese Hot & Sour Soup is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. Chinese Hot & Sour Soup is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have chinese hot & sour soup using 31 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Chinese Hot & Sour Soup:
- Take Mushrooms:
- Get Shiitake Mushrooms Finely Diced,
- Prepare ShaoWing / Hua Tiao / Sherry Wine,
- Make ready Soy Sauce Preferably Kikkoman,
- Get Granulated Sugar,
- Take Water,
- Make ready Cornstarch,
- Get Sesame Oil,
- Prepare Base:
- Take Fresh Coriander Finely Chopped,
- Make ready Lao Gan Ma Spicy Chili Crisp,
- Get Black Vinegar,
- Make ready Sesame Oil,
- Make ready Apple Cider Vinegar,
- Take Soup:
- Take White Pepper,
- Take Canola / Peanut / Vegetable Oil,
- Make ready Chinese Dried Mushrooms Soaked Finely Sliced,
- Take Bamboo Shoots Fresh / Pickled,
- Take Chinese Black Fungus Soaked Finely Sliced,
- Get Boiling Water,
- Take Ginger Finely Diced,
- Make ready Sea Salt,
- Make ready Slurry, 7 TSP Cornstarch + 25ml Water
- Make ready Egg Lightly Beaten,
- Make ready Pressed Tofu Sliced Into Strips,
- Make ready Dark Soy Sauce,
- Make ready Light Soy Sauce,
- Make ready Chili Bean Sauce Preferably Lee Kum Kee,
- Take Granulated Sugar,
- Take Fresh Coriander, For Garnishing
Instructions to make Chinese Hot & Sour Soup:
- Prepare the mushrooms. - - In a bowl, add in mushrooms, shaoxing, soy, sugar, water, cornstarch and sesame oil. - - Mix until well combined. - - Cover with cling film and set aside in the fridge for at least 30 mins.
- Prepare the base. - - In a large serving bowl, add coriander, black vinegar, apple cider vinegar, pepper, chili crisp and sesame oil. - - Mix until combine well. - - Set aside.
- Prepare the soup. - - In a sauce pot over medium heat, add oil. - - Once oil is heated up, add in ginger and the mushrooms mixture.
- Saute until aromatic and until the mushrooms are slightly caramelized. - - Add in Chinese mushrooms, bamboo and fungus. - - Saute until well combine and aromatic.
- Add in the boiling water. - - Adding boiling water will shorten the cooking time, hence containing the fragrance and flavors even more. - - Stir to combine well. - - Add in dark, light soy, chili bean sauce, sugar and salt.
- Stir to combine well. - - Bring it up to a simmer. - - Turn the heat down to low. - - Add in slurry and stir to combine well.
- Continue simmer for about 2 to 3 mins. - - Add in beaten egg. - - Stir for 20 secs. - - Turn the heat up to medium.
- Add in tofu. - - Stir to combine well and simmer for another 1 to 2 mins. - - The soup should thicken. - - Taste and adjust for seasoning with salt.
- Give it a final stir. - - Remove from heat and transfer into the serving bowl with the coriander mixture. - - Stir to combine well. - - Taste and adjust for seasonings with vinegar or pepper. - - Serve immediately with a garnish of coriander.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food chinese hot & sour soup recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!